Most of the time, car problems can be detected early on by having regular inspections. Knowing the warning signs and when to take your car to an auto repair shop can save you both time and money in the long run. Read on to learn 6 critical warning signs that indicate that your vehicle is in trouble:
- Check engine light on: If this yellow light is flashing on your dashboard, it’s a very serious sign that your car is in critical condition. It is almost always engine or emissions related. When you see this light, please pull over and call for a tow immediately.
- Weird smells: if your car is emitting a foul or burning scent while driving, don’t take it lightly. It could signify any problems with your brakes, wheels, transmission, belts, or fluids.
- Loud metallic screeching: This noise is often associated with your brakes and can erupt when you step on the brake pedal. You should have your brakes checked to see if any components need to be replaced.
- Smoke: Any odd-looking or excessive smoke billowing out from your car is never good. It means that there is a week of some sort.
- Car pulling to one side: It can be scary to lose control of your vehicle. This symptom usually means your wheels are misaligned. To fix the problem, come into our auto repair shop for a proper wheel alignment.
- Hard starts or stalling: This problem can be hard to narrow down as it could be your be anything from a bad battery, faulty starter, broken belts, to gasoline problems. Please bring your car to our shop to find out the cause.
Ignoring these signs can lead to major complications and repairs down the line. If you need automotive diagnostics and repair, please know that you are welcome to bring it to Auto Fitness. Our professional team will pinpoint the problem and repair it in a timely manner so that you can be back on the road again. Please give us a call or schedule an appointment with us online today.